Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A good dog

This is a sad post. It's kind of ridiculous to make a post just to our dog, but it's appropriate because of the circumstances. I came to Matt and Lori's yesterday because Mark had to go to Virginia on a work trip for a few days. So, I loaded Aaron, I and Copper in the car to come to Cookeville. We were only here a few hours when Matt came inside and told me that Copper had gotten hit by a car. I went down the road where he was and we got him in the back of the truck and took him to the vets office in town. From there it just went south. After some xrays, we found out his injurys were too severe. We took him home with the hope he would heal on his own. He just got worse so we had to have him put down. It was really hard to watch, but better this way because he was suffering. I loved him, even though we only had him for 6 months or so. My heart is sad.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

He was a really good dog!. Abby and I will miss him! :( We'll see him again in the New Heaven and the New Earth.

Joel and Andrea said...

I love you friend!! I'm sorry about Coopit. We'll miss him when we come over tomorrow. :-(

gloria said...

My heart is sad too. Sorry.

Tom and Gayle said...

are are so very sorry about copper.

Tom and Gayle said...

we are so very sorry about copper.

Jenny said...

What a sweet picture. Copper was a very sweet dog whom we will miss.

Jenny said...

What a sweet picture. Copper was a very sweet dog whom we will miss.