Saturday, August 13, 2011

Saturday fun!

Today was a GREAT family day. I really liked just spending time with Mark and Aaron around the house. We didn't accomplish a whole lot, but did get a few things done. The most important was FINALLY getting my china cabinet in place and my china put up. It's been almost 7 years since I have seen my china and had pretty much forgotten what it looked like. Even though my husband wants to fight about it's worthiness, I LOVE it! So pretty and regardless what he says...I will use it! Can you tell it's an issue??? Ra Ra came for a visit today too! Aaron had called her no less than 5 times in the past 2 days to ask for her to come 'paint with him.' So guess what they did tonite after dinner? The Muse family (minus Madeline) came over too so Maddox, or 'Maggik" if you are Aaron, got to paint too! Aaron and Maddox play so well together. Maddox didn't want to leave tonite and was totally fine when Greg and Andrea said they were leaving and he was staying for the night. Some day Maddox, some day! Good day today! Tomorrow going to worship with my church family and small group in the evening...it's gonna be great!


Raich, Andrea, Aaron and Maddox starting to paint


Masterpiece
(he got just as much paint on is body as on the canvas)


The boys playing on Ra Ra's Ipad - it was a hit!


New china cabinet - it was my moms


another view - sorry it's so dar


Thanks to Ed who came over to help!


getting the cabinet out of the trailer

5 comments:

Rachel said...

How can you resist a little boy who wants to paint with his RaRa? My goodness! I'm so glad I got to come and help Aaron express his creativity! :-) Who wants to work on school stuff when you can paint with a boy?

Megan said...

Personally, I love the paintwork exhibited on top of the china cabinet. :) Love it. I wish I could see the actual china that you love so much. I know you will use it. It really looks great in your dining room. How fun to get it all set up slowly but surely.

Oh, and almost seven years, huh? That means we are almost 3 years away from the Big 10!!!

Corynn said...

I totally LOVE the way your dishes are arranged in your china cabinet! Did you hire someone to do that for you? Or did a really good friend come over and help? I love you, friend :)

Mark said...

Megan, I wanted to sell the china and give the money to peruvians but my wife is really materialistic

gloria said...

Love the photos. and painting! Fun with RaRa is never ending!