Monday, October 31, 2011

Peru 2011

Well I'm back! I had a blast. After a VERY long stretch of flights, I arrived (and Jeannie too) in Arequipa about 2pm on Friday. Megan had lunch ready and we spent some time playing with the girls, catching up, and resting. The kiddos are adorable and fun! All three have such different personalities(Cohen's still being developed of course). Megan was awesome to show us around the city and give us some really fun Peru experiences....like smashing all 6 of us in a very tiny taxi, visiting the Llama place, dropping Ana off at her school, going to the market, worshiping in Porvenir with the church, and so much more. It was great to get to know Jeannie better, and deepen my friendship with Megan. I will never forget the girl talks/laughs, frappachinos, homemade cookies, and Gilmore Girls marathon every night. It was one of the best trips I have taken. I am so thankful for this opportunity and thankful to God for keeping me safe and bringing me back home to my family! The work in Arequipa is being blessed immensely by God and I pray that continues! It's good to be home with my family...Aaron seems to have changed just in the week I was gone. Mark gets the dad of the year award and my I am permanently indebted to my in-laws ( and everyone else in Melber) for helping out so much. Here are some pictures!!!






No comments: