Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012







Yay for firsts! This year is Corban's first Thanksgiving and my first time to host Thanksgiving at my house. I have been so excited for this day to come. I had the whole day planned out. We have always gone to Melber for Thanksgiving (well, all Holidays). We missed being with the Adams side of the family, but were excited to do something a little different. I was happy for a chance to feel like a real grown up. Let me tell you, I had my eyes opened to how much my mom and mother-in-law do to get things ready for holiday festivities like this one. Not only did I clean for 2 or 3 days straight in preparation, but the cost to feed a bunch of people for multiple days was much more than expected. It was SO worth all the time and money spent though. I can honestly say I appreciate those who do it every year (and sometimes more often than that). Next year I believe I will probably go back to not being a grown up:) Aaron and I even did a craft for each family as a gift for Thanksgiving. He loved it of course because it involved paint and construction paper...his FAVORITE past time. Mom, Dad and Raich got here Wednesday night late and Matt and Lori (and family) got here this morning. I started out making homemade cinnamon rolls this morning. They were a huge hit. I think it will be an annual tradition, but I am changing the icing part...not as good as I would have liked. Still yummy enough to have several cinnamon rolls for myself though. Lunch was really small. Followed by dinner at 5pm. We ate on my China (first time EVER), watched a movie together, loved on each others babies, took a walk, and cooked, cooked, cooked. Here is what we made:
Turkey
Ham
Green Beans (from Mama's garden)
Corn
Sweet potatoes
Mashed potatoes
gravy
Chicken and Dressing
Cranberry sauce
Rolls
Pecan Pie
Cherry Pie
Pumpkin Pie
Peanut Butter Pie

It was super scrupmtious and we have enough leftovers to feed us for about a week I think:) My house is a disaster but I wouldn't get up to clean it for the world right now. Love sitting in my living room being with my family. Happy Thanksgiving everyone! No shopping for this girl tomorrow....I'm staying in and playing with my kids.

No comments: