Monday, March 18, 2013

Spring weather

This past weekend was GORGEOUS! We took full advantage of it and spent as much time outside as possible. It was so great wearing just a tee-shirt and jeans and even some SHORTS:) Aaron even learned to ride his bike without training wheels. His idea...not ours. But he is doing great. We posted a video on facebook. Mom and Raich came for the weekend which made it even better. Corban is finally better after having a high fever for a full 5 days. He ended up having to get 3 antibiotic shots in order to kick the stupid virus. It is so nice to see his sweet scrunched up smile again. Saturday morning we went to a mobile pantry that our church was participating in with an organization called "5 Loaves 4 Kids" which gives lunch to lower income kids every week. They were sponsoring a mobile pantry for those same kids during their spring break. It was a GREAT turn out and there was NO food left. I know that we were able to help so many families with this effort. For that I praise God. That afternoon we went on a hike with mom and Raich. Aaron was so excited for my mom in particular to be here. He even requested that he sleep in his room with him and have a 'sleep over.' She agreed. I love it! I know he talked her ear off:) We worshiped Sunday together and ate lunch before they had to leave. A great small group ended the evening and then off to bed. This weekend was a great for me because I was renewed after finding myself in a pretty stinky, low mood over the past few weeks. I'm not even sure I knew how deflated I had felt until I had such an uplifting weekend. Thank you God for knowing just what I need!