Friday, January 10, 2014

Eden 1 month

Eden, you are 1 month old now! And what a month is has been around our house! Unfortunately the past month has been one sickness after another for our family, so I feel like I haven't had time to enjoy you being a newborn very much. Two days before you were born your brother, Corban, had tubes put in his ears in Murfreesboro. You were born two days later. Less than a week later your dad and Corban got the flu and were sick for a week. Everyone got better for Christmas. Christmas was so much fun, but a whirlwind. Bala came to stay for week in the first of January. Bala, Mama, and Aaron all got a nasty stomach bug a few days after she got here. In between those two sicknesses, your dad had a vasectomy and ended up having a major complication and is now in bed for a solid week or until he gets better. I sure hope your second month is a big improvement! YOU were so lucky to have avoided both sicknesses. You have been healthy, a great nurser, and growing like a weed. You are a very good baby and are showing all signs of being a 'snuggler.' You are the first of our children to take a pacifier and a bottle. The only complaint I have is that you don't sleep well at night. I am still waiting on the '5-6 hour stretch' to kick in, but that has yet to happen. I am hoping that will come soon. So far having a girl is not that different from having your brothers. I do change your clothes more because we have so many different cute outfits. I have tried putting bows in your hair but you pretty much hate them. I put them on you for pictures anyway:) So...happy 1 month Eden! Hopefully next month I will have a more detailed post on you...as long as we don't have another family crisis. Your brothers are so in love with you. They ask to hold you all the time. They want you to interact with them so badly. We love you sweet girl and can't wait to see you smile for the first time at us!

No comments: