Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Just what I need...

I have been feeling a little down in the dumps recently. Between sick kids and lack of sleep I have been pretty much a homebody. Folks, I am NOT a homebody! I enjoy getting out and being social. When you have a new baby and sick kids all at the same time, that is pretty much not possible for a while and that time was extended for us. This week I have finally been able to get out and be social. So after taking Aaron to school yesterday, I was able to spend the morning studying the bible with a friend. Our time together was so much needed...for both of us. Whenever I am able to spend time with God by myself or with a friend, I feel a renewed sense of energy and passion for life. And let me tell you, I need that right now in my life. Revealing God's story to someone who has never really heard it before is absolutely amazing! There is no place I would have rather been yesterday than sitting at the table as my sweet friend's eyes fill with tears of joy as we read together about a God of redemption and love. I am so excited about where she is in her life. She has come so far from where she was last year at this time. Our conversation about light and darkness and God's presence led to her being able to tell me about her journey with the Lord. I think testimonies are so powerful and hearing her testimony was proof of that. She has had to overcome a lot of obstacles in her life that frankly I have never had to face. Hearing her excitement about what God has done in her life was truly moving. She and I definitely have different back grounds and came to know God much differently from one another. It is because of that difference that I am glad that God has put this sweet girl in my life. I see the Spirit working in her and pray that she chooses to continue on this path. Yesterday was just what I needed! Yay for good friends and a good day!

1 comment:

Megan said...

So happy to hear this from you. Being cooped up in the house is no fun. Glad you spent some extroverted time doing what you did. There isn't anything like revealing the kingdom to someone that is discovering it little by little for the first time.