Thursday, June 12, 2014

Eden 6 months

We made it through the first 6 months! Here are a few things about you, Eden, that mommy wants to remember!

-You are such a good baby! You hardly ever fuss. Seriously, you only cry when you are hungry, sleepy, or have a dirty diaper. Once those are taken care of you are all smiles!
-I love that you are so adjustable! We haul you everywhere and at all times of the day and you just go with the flow. You are super smiley and will let anyone hold you....right now at least.
-You are super chunky. Those thighs are holding all the milk I think. Your cheeks are just squeezable! You are in size 6 months but some of your shorts don't fit around your legs:)
-Mommy's only complaint is that you don't sleep through the night. You get up once to eat, sometimes twice. I just can't bring myself to be mean yet and make you do it because you go to sleep right after you nurse, so it's easy. I'm sure the time is coming very soon when there will be some crying to get that problem corrected.
-You are sitting up by yourself. I LOVE this!
-You LOVE your brothers. Aaron can make you laugh harder than anyone. Corban is learning the ropes though and got some good ones out of you yesterday!
-I just started some solid food this week. Rice cereal at night and some bananas and squash during the day. Banana is your favorite right now. You are starting to reach for our food when we have meals so I am sure your options will increase very quickly.
-You take 3 naps a day. An hour morning nap around 9am, a 2 hour noon nap and then another hour nap in the evening. I am so excited for you to drop your evening nap...this family is much to busy for that one:)
-You still take a pacifier, but only for sleeping. You won't take it during the day for some reason. (no complaints here!)
-You love to watch TV. This is a bit ridiculous if you ask me. I find you watching it all the time when your brothers have a show on.
-You nurse every 3 1/2 to 4 hours. I haven't offered you a bottle in a long time...oops!
-Your eyes are my favorite thing about you right now. They pierce straight through me! And those eye lashes...they are long and beautiful. They are the first thing people notice when they see you.


Our cup overflows! We are so grateful for you, Eden. There is nothing sweeter than your adorable smiling face when I come get you out of your crib every morning. Next month will be your first trail ride - which is a pretty big deal in this family! We can't wait to get you on a horse! We love you so much beautiful girl!

No comments: