Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Christmas recovery.

I am calling this post Christmas recovery because that is the mode we are in right now. The whole family.

We went to Melber for Christmas! Everyone had a great time together. It is so great as the kids are getting older and really look forward to getting to play with their cousins. My family played Dirty Santa! We laughed and laughed and laughed. We enjoyed our time so much. That's for sure. My kids love their grandparents, aunts and uncles. What a blessing we have in that.

After Christmas we had a birthday party for Eden. She turned one on the 12th of December but it was too close to Christmas to make a trip to Melber so we just had a little family party after the holidays. She certainly didn't know the difference..hehe! We ended up staying longer in Melber than planned for Christmas. Mark took an impromptu trip to New Mexico (and the surrounding states) just before New Years so the kids and I stayed in Melber for the rest of that week. We were there for about 13 days. It was a long time to be away from home. I have so much love for that place and the people there, but I was definitely ready to be back in my own house. Jenny, Sarah, and my parents were so gracious to help me out a lot and keep me company (I am a baby when Mark leaves). We kept busy pretty much the whole 6 days he was gone. We left to come back home as soon as Mark pulled in the driveway. It still put us in Tullahoma at bedtime. The next morning the boys had school so we didn't have much recovery time:( We have all had a hard past few days of trying to get back into the groove of things. Corban always shows his difficulty in the form of refusing to sleep in his own bed. It didn't help that he slept most nights with me while Mark was gone. The transition was not pretty yesterday or today for him. Eden ran a fever the second we stepped through our door and ended up with a double ear infection. So we have already been to the doctor this year! Aaron has always been extremely emotional when we make a transition like this one. He cries a lot over little things and keeps saying that he can't get used to be back home yet. Poor guy. Part of it is the fact that he is spoiled rotten when we are around family and getting back to reality is tough.



My Christmas tree is still up and I have no clue when I will get it down. The boys keep begging me to leave it up 'just one more day.' The really cold weather has begun. Now that Christmas is over I am ready for warm weather...ha! Hopefully I can get a 12 month post on our little girl soon! Here are a few pictures...

No comments: