Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving day/weekend. Mark and I of course went home for the weekend. We had lots of food (which I was extra thankful for this year), and a good time with family. This Thanksgiving was alittle different for everyone. Of course the thing on everyone's mind was the fact that Dado was not there with us. Baba cooked a ton of great food as usual, but I'm sure it was more difficult for her than anyone else.
A lot of Mark's family didn't get to come like they usually do. Everyone was busy with new babies, other family, or sickness, so the house seemed alittle more empty than usual. Instead of doing things with 'the cousins' we did things with 'the cousin.' Aunt Phyliss and Rachel Leigh were the only ones from Jenny's side that came in. I still really enjoyed our time together.

I went to the doctor yesterday. It's so amazing how just hearing the baby's heart beat can make me smile so big. I find myself wondering more and more about what he/she will look like, who's personality it will have, etc. So most of all this year I have to say I am thankful for this little one God is forming inside me. Mark and I are truly thankful for our little miracle.

2 comments:

Megan said...

And a miracle it truly is...

I am so happy for your pregnancy. I remember wondering what Ana would look like. You really have nothing to compare it to so you will just have to wait. I am happy to hear that you appointment went well. I look forward to talking soon. Love you guys!

Rachel said...

I am greatful for your little miracle too!!! I'm still thinking "Rachel" if it's a girl. I'll pretty much hang on that until he/she is born. Then I'll consider the name you actually pick out. Maybe I'll accept it by the time the baby is a teenager.