Friday, January 30, 2009

Party at the Plaza!


The Market - this part smelled good!

Our walk to get a taxi

Larissa made cupcakes for desert last night - the girls loved them!

Really loved them!


Conversations after dinner.


Shaye and Ana reading together

Today's Arequipa adventure took us out on the town! We started out walking down the street, catching a cab and going to the main plaza in Arequipa called The Plaza de Armas. There were a TON of people there. We walked for several blocks and saw(among other things) a beautiful church and the market where you can buy pretty much ANYTHING you want. Of course the smells of the raw fish was almost impossible to take, but I did it with my nose plugged. We also stopped and had some fruit drinks and a snack. Then it was on to the language school where the team has been taking classes for the past several months. We stopped at Arequipa's form of a walmart (sort of). The main lesson I picked up from this experience is that no one in Arequipa is in a hurry to do anything. I bet we waited in line to pay for about 4 things for 30minutes. We were the next people to check out the whole time too! I know you are asking...what were those people in front of us doing??? Honestly, I have no idea. At one point I looked up and it seemed like the cashier and the customers were just standing there staring at one another. Anyway, here are some pictures I took last night at Kyle and Larissa's for dinner and then today while we were out. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Looks like a fun time to me. :)