Saturday, August 23, 2008

Aiden Joseph 'Joey'

Great News! Aiden Joseph 'joey' Abrahams was born on August 17th around 11am. 8lbs,90z, 20 1/4 inches long. We are so excited he is here! Andrea and Joel are doing great...very happy, but of course losing lots of sleep. They didn't find out whether is was a boy or girl, so of course when we heard Andrea went into labor early Sunday morning, everyone in our small group was waiting anxiously by our cell phones to hear what 'we'had. I am so blessed to be an 'aunt' now. I know Joel and Andrea are going to be great Godly parents. God has got great things planned for this little miracle. We love you Aiden!

Also...last Sunday was our 'Send off Sunday' for two families that our church (Cedar Lane church of Christ) is supporting as missionaries to Arequipa, Peru (just try to pronounce that one, it's tough). It was one of the best worship services I have even been honored to participate in. Very uplifting, although I cried pretty much the whole service. The songs were so appropriate and chosen perfectly. Greg preached about doing everything for 'His name sake.' The Smith's and the McKinzie's are leaving in just a few days for up to 10years to further the Kingdom of God in Peru. Both families have been here in Tullahoma for the past 6 months getting to know everyone at church better (or for Kyle and Larissa it was for the first time). Megan grew up in Tullahoma and had come back many times to visit with her husband Greg. Over these past several months I have grown to love both of these families very much, and felt especially close with Megan and Larissa. I am very sad because I will miss them so much but also very EXCITED for them in this new mission to which God has called them. I feel so humbled that God has allowed me to get to know these two women of God and their beautiful girls. I know, you are asking...'How can you feel/become so close to someone in just a few months....easy.....GOD! He knew exactly what I needed and gave it to me at just the right time in my life. I give him the glory! What an awesome God we serve!

1 comment:

Megan said...

What a sweet post! Great picture. Time flies when you're having fun, huh.