Sunday, September 14, 2008

This weekend's adventure...

Saturday Mark and I went hiking. We hiked almost 12 miles, which was just a little too long, but we had a lot of fun. We passed a lot of little waterfalls along the way. The trail took us along a creek and wound around up to Raven's point and then back down along the creek again. It was nice to spend the day talking and walking in God's creation together. It was a beautiful hike and really fun except for two things: We had to walk over a bunch of sharp rocks for 4 miles straight which made our feet hurt really bad, and we ran out of water. You would think that as pretty experienced hikers, we would have thought to bring more water than two small cups from Waffle House, but no. I tried so hard at the end of the hike to enjoy the beautiful creek flowing beside me, but there is just something about aching feet and dehydration that takes your full concentration. Seriously, I enjoyed the hike, but we should have been better prepared.


Thankfully Steve and Margaret had us over for dinner afterward and we ended up staying and watching the football game. It was really nice to spend some time with them and enjoy some great company, not to mention great food.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Ah man. Why wasn't I invited to the last part. :) Living in a dry climate dehydrates me. I feel your thirst.
We are about to head over to the Smith's new apt. I haven't forgotten to reply. It will be coming soon.

Rachel said...

So, I wanna go camping!!! I don't think it's fair that I haven't been camping! Could you call my boss and see if she'll let me have a free day so I can come visit?