Monday, October 6, 2008

Update

Alright, so I know it has been forever since I wrote anything. We have been so busy over the past few weeks, which is no excuse I know, but the internet has been down most of that time so I think that's a pretty good excuse.

So what is going on with us...well here's a good summary!

A few weekends go I stayed with Joel and Andrea because Mark went to Chicago with his best friend from high school who is getting married next month. I'm a baby and don't like to stay alone, so I invited myself to Joel and Andrea's for the weekend. In exchange for free room and board for 2 nights, I 'babysat' Aiden and 'let' Joel and Andi go on a date. I secretly am positive I had more fun with Aiden than they did on their date.

The weekend after that, Mark and I went camping with Matt and Lori. That of course was really fun. It was cold enough at night and in the early morning to have a camp fire but still warm enough in the day to hike in shorts and a tee shirt. It was perfect weather! Pics are below.


Mark and Matthew swinging.

The hammock actually broke after a while.


We had to use this cable to climb down these rocks.

It was pretty steep.


This past weekend Mark and I (and Rachel) suprised our parents by going home for mom's birthday. We had a great weekend and were very impressed by our ability to keep our suprise arrival a secret!

And to end, I have to say that I am very excited to be going out to Washington State next week to visit Gloria, Ryan and Elayna with mom. I went shopping this weekend and bought a few things for the new baby...because I know she needs clothes for the long winter ahead.

1 comment:

gloria said...

I went to town the other day and before leaving the house, Ryan forced eye-contact with me and said, "Gloria, do NOT buy this child any more clothes." Bummed, I bought her a hat and mittens and winter coat instead... which are not clothes, but to me just accessories!