Saturday, March 3, 2012

"Close your eyes mom!"


The Buttercups are blooming here already. Earlier this week I saw Mark taking Aaron to the field with him and was telling him to be quiet the entire time they were walking. Aaron had been yelling for me, which is why I saw them 'sneaking' toward the field. After several attempts to answer him, I realized that Mark was trying to get him to stay quiet and not call for me...which Aaron was having trouble understanding since he was attempting to scream at me an explanation of where they were going and why. The next thing I know I have a knock at my front door. I answer and see my sweet little boy standing there,smiling from ear to ear, with his hand stretched out as far it could go holding a bouquet of Buttercups saying "Close your eyes mom, I have a surprise!" (He had no idea that he wasn't supposed to show me the flowers until AFTER he told me to close my eyes:) Of course I close my eyes and then re-open (when he says of course) and squeal with happiness for my 'surprise' flowers!!! Then I look up and see Mark around the corner of the house watching the whole thing beaming with joy. A good man teaching his son good things. Love, love my boys!

2 comments:

gloria said...

"like"

Rachel said...

Such a sweet little boy! :-) I just love him.