Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Husband update...

Well our wonderful doctor, Dr. Bills (some of you may know him) saw Mark yesterday and said he thinks Mark has a tension headache. Almost all of the symptoms fit and so we got some steriods and a pain shot before leaving the office. His headache was still pretty bad most of the day yesterday but was a lot better when he woke up this morning. So hopefully it will be completely gone today or tomorrow. We are getting a CT of his head just to be safe because Mark doesn't usually get headaches at all, let alone this bad of one. We thought that it might be a sinus problem because of the time of the year and because Mark has always had bad allergies/sinuses, but we found them to be totally clear after looking at the x-rays.
So all seems to be back to normal around the Adams' household (appartmenthold). Family calls daily to check on their little 'grape' of a grandchild. I would like to tell them something other than 'everything smells horrible', and/or 'I'm nauseous'...but anything other than that would be pretty much a lie. Everyone tells me it will end soon, but I'm starting to be skeptical.
This weekend is Paul's (Mark's best friend) wedding which is in Louisville. We will meet Jerry and Jenny, Luke and Sarah for the wedding which will be fun. I'm really excited because I love staying in hotel rooms (which my husband says I'm werid b/c I like that). I'll have pics to show next week!

2 comments:

Larissa Smith said...

Glad to hear hubby is feeling better. I'm an eye pillow believer (target - spa section, beanbag looking thing) for headache relief, though not of that magnitude

As for the "how are you feeling" conversations, yes, it will pass. Yes you will feel like eating again. No probably not tomorrow, so just grab some fresh flowers to keep close when it's all too much. Or coffee beans, maybe.

I didn't know you when I was pregnant, so you probably haven't seen this. I thought you might like it.

http://www.teamarequipa.net/blog/larissa/2006/11/what-not-to-say-to-pregnant-woman.html

Tanya said...

Glad to know the babe is out in the open now...now all can share in your joy! Love you so much and...remember...this too shall pass.