Friday, November 14, 2008

Jerry David

So every week I get an email from babycenter.com that tells me what the baby's size is this week. When I was just a few weeks along the baby was a lentil bean, and then a kidney bean, then a grape and last week it was a kumquat. All of those were really cute and I enjoyed trying to imagin what my baby looked like each week, all except for the kumquat, but I was willing to just go with that one. Each week I would tell everyone what 'our' baby was 'this week' and we would laugh and smile about 'baby lentil' etc....until this week. I looked on my email and as usual got the email that said "this week your baby is ths size of a....FIG. My immediate reaction is 'what is a fig?' I do realize that the bible talks about fig trees, which is great but never in my study did I actually know what a fig was that came from the fig tree. The first thing that came to my mind was a 'fig neuton.' That makes sense right...I mean who actually knows exactly what a 'fig' is. Needless to say I did some research and posted a picture for all your viewing pleasure of what size the baby is this week. So enjoy, who knows what size Jerry David will be next week...stay tuned to find out.
On another note, my sister Raich is here for a few days. She brought her dog (which I have to mention because she is over top of me right now making me mention Abby). Poor Abby is afraid of Mark something awful. When he comes home from work she growls and barks like an intruder has entered and she's the sworn protector. Raich got in late Wednesday night and will be here through Sunday afternoon. So far we have done pretty much nothing other than watch TV and look at houses, which I guess is ok since we don't make plans ahead of time anyway. Speaking of not making plans, we decided last night that we would call our very wonderful family, Matt and Lori, and invite ourselves over for the weekend. As usual, they gladly accepted and reinvited us so that I wouldn't 'feel bad' for inviting myself (we all know I am great at 'feeling bad'.) So for all of you who follow my blog faithfully (thank you very much) can wait paitently in anticpiation for pictures.

1 comment:

gloria said...

So if it's a boy, you'll almost have to name the baby Jerry David. But if she's a girl... I really like the ring of GLORIA RACHEL!!!