Monday, September 14, 2009

Aaron Update

Good morning! I thought today would be a good opportunity to give an "Aaron update." Our pretty blue-eyed wiggle worm is now 3 months and 2 weeks old. He has recently started grasping at things, my hands especially. He likes to have my hands on him when he is falling asleep at night. My favorite thing right now is when Mark says "Where's your daddy?" and Aaron searches frantically (even though Mark is right in front of his face) to find Mark and when he does, he has the biggest smile on his face, followed by a giggle. His smile when he is really excited still includes a crinkle of his little nose (what I like to call his Baba trait).
Sleeping during the night is going great. He will sleep through the night every once and a while, but mostly just wakes up anywhere from 2-5am to eat and then will sleep until 7:30 before it's time to get up and start the day. Sleeping during the day is another story. I have tried everything I know to get him to sleep longer, but he only sleeps for 45min at a time. Not sure what the deal is, but we are working on a schedule. It seems a little impossible at this point, but we are going to keep working on it. Aaron's favorite book (it seems) is Dr. Seuss's "Mr. Brown can MOO, can you?" Mark reads it to him every night after is bath before he goes to bed. It seems like most of the time Aaron is trying to read the book to his daddy. His squeeks and noises are so cute to hear as his daddy reads. I love watching him discover his surroundings more and more. I especially love that he is starting to really recognize Mark and I over other people. We have been on several little hikes lately which he seems to really enjoy. We are really happy he loves the outdoors. Soon we will be riding horses together and who knows what else. We are so thankful for Aaron's health and that he is developmentally on target. I have heard from everyone else that he will grow up so fast and boy were they right. I'm excited for the next few months to see all the fun new things Aaron discovers around him.

P.S. Thank you Grandmommy Adams for my outfit in this picture. I wore it Sunday and it fits perfect.

4 comments:

Tanya said...

Thanks, Diane...so glad to hear how he's doing.

Megan said...

I wish I could hold him. :(

Larissa Smith said...

Hang in there on naps!!! It took Shaye forever to figure it out, but we just kept trying. The main thing that ended up helping (though it still took time for her to 'get it', so be patient) was that we went through the exact same routine every single time. Clean diaper, comfy clothes, 2 books read in the rocking chair, prayer, 2 songs (the final was always Jesus Loves Me), then we would kiss her, say "I love you. It's time to go to sleep." and lay her down. After a while, by the time we laid her down, she knew the drill well enough to not be upset by it, and she had pretty much settled down.

You can do it! He's still figuring out this stuff, so just keep helping him get there. Call me if you need to!

The Brewers said...

Oh such fun times! Enjoy every minute, they do grow up FAST!!! I can't wait to meet him! Avery loves babies!