Monday, July 26, 2010

Ironing

So for about a month now (maybe even longer) I have been neglecting the ironing. My husband is so wonderful. He never says ANYTHING about the house being cleaned, or his clothes washed, or his shirts being ironed UNTIL he runs out of clothes. Even then, he seems to wait as long as he can - re-wearing as many things as he can until the situation gets desperate. Seriously, he's awesome. This also makes me feel HORRIBLE once I realize that he has been wearing the same 3 cotton shirts (the ones that don't wrinkle) to work and worship for a very long time. This happens more often with his socks than anything else. You would think after 6 years I would have caught on when I see his shirts start to build up in the basket or I notice the 'white clothes' pile rising a little too high. But alas. I find myself staying true to my weakness as a wife and find my husband just 'going with the flow.' Above I am showing the evidence of my 'bad wife-ness.' My mother would NOT be proud. This picture shows the 2nd set of shirts I ironed today - the 1st already being put away. I would like to say that I will do better next time, but reality is that I won't. Defeatist attitude?....probably. I can think of some solutions....wrinkle-free shirts, hang up or iron as soon as they exit the dryer, we'll see if I can put them into practice.

6 comments:

Megan said...

wrinkle free shirts. It is the best way to go. :)

Rachel said...

That's awesome! You're husband is a great husband. :) Ironing is one of the worst jobs! Maybe mom will give you 10 cents for each piece you iron! Motivation, right?

Joel and Andrea said...

So... I'm assuming that they had been sitting there so long that putting them back in the dryer with a wet towel was not an option? :-)

Marlee said...

Andi you assume correct. Meg, I will be buying ONLY wrinkle free from here on out. Raich, I'm gonna talk to mom about a deal.

Mark said...

Megan,

That would require me to buy and wear new and different shirts than I had in high school. Two or three are wrinkle free though so I guess I could just wear those only.

Jenny said...

bring them home to Baba- she loves to iron! Actually I do too.......