Sunday, November 29, 2009

First Thanksgiving

We went home to Melber for Aaron's first Thanksgiving. Most of Mark's cousins were there. We all stayed at Luke and Sarah's house - all 19 of us. Thank goodness they have a huge house and were able to fit everyone comfortably. I think we had a record at Thanksgiving - about 44 people. We started a few years ago having Thanksgiving at the building in Melber that Dado bought which fits everyone around one table - well several tables put together in a 'U' shape. It was so good to see everyone but I have to say...I am EXHAUSTED! Aaron slept pretty much the worst he's every slept in his whole 6 months of life. I think he slept better when he was a new born than he did this past week/weekend. As a result, mommy is exhausted and didn't get to enjoy everything as much as I normally would. Still, it was nice to spend time with family. Matt and Lori brought Elijah for his first Thanksgiving, VERY sweet. Aaron tried a lot of good food, including his first taste of prunes. So far, my child will eat anything! He is scarfing down his rice cereal now. We are going to try some squash tomorrow, curtsy of Corynn who gave us a ton of frozen squash she made that Cambree didn't eat. I'll let you know how it goes. I will put some more pictures on here when I get them from the family...I was a bad mommy and didn't take pictures like I should have. Here are some pictures I took!



LOVE Aunt Sarah - we were off to see Santa


Daddy, Aaron, Aunt Phylis


Aaron's seat at Thanksgiving - it was nap time


Aaron with cousin Casey

3 comments:

Joel and Andrea said...

Sounds like you all had a great time. Sorry Aaron didn't sleep well. It must have been all the commotion because Aiden didn't sleep well either and he was in his own bed. I'll pray Christmas is better on the sleeping front! :-)

Megan said...

I miss you. Let's talk sometime soon. I am glad you made it home safely. I hope you can rest up and recover now. :)

Rachel said...

That picture of Sarah and Aaron is really cute! :)