Thursday, November 19, 2009

Thanks!

Great news...Aaron stayed in bible class last night the ENTIRE time and didn't cry even once! I am so proud of my son. Maybe we are past our little phase and mommy can go to bible class and feel good about leaving this little boy in the nursery.

On another note. Over the past year I started studying the subject of "The Lord's Supper." As I studied more and took a few different opportunities to give small talks on this subject, I started to think about teaching a class for church. So after A LOT of prayer and thought, I got up the courage to ask around about the possibility. After a lot of encouragement from my family and friends, I accepted my challenge and dove in head first. It's the first time I have ever taught women my age and older all by myself. So I'm happy to announce that after last night, this quarter was completed for bible classes. I am done with my Wednesday night class now.

Reflections: I really did enjoy all of the study I was able to do. I have learned to much than I could have ever imagined. I am proud and thankful that I was able to step up, put my big girl panties on (that's for you Meg) and follow through with this all the way. Along the way God blessed me with people who constantly encouraged me. Mark never stopped telling me how proud he was of me and how awesome I was. Coming from him, those words meant SO much. I am convinced that Jan Muse is the woman being talked about in Timothy who the younger women are supposed to learn from. She never ceased to give constant encouragement and support. Margaret Bills was so great to say the right words at the right time to me. She's my 'Tullahoma mom,' I can talk with her about anything. Megan (and sometimes Greg) was ready for me every Wednesday night to call and talk about my frustrations or excitement. My sister listened to me 'teach' her what I planned on saying every week to make me feel more confident. Andi never forgot to hug me after each class and gave a word of encouragement. Sheree was always telling me she enjoyed my class. Finally, John Mark Hicks who was so patient to write me back constantly answering questions and making comments. So many other men and women have been such a huge part of this. Last night we ended the class with prayer together. It was perfect. I'm glad it's finished, but so glad I was able do it.

3 comments:

Joel and Andrea said...

I'm glad Aaron stayed in class for you! I'm also glad that you decided to teach the class. You did a wonderful job!! I know it took a lot of time, but I think it was well worth it. To you and to everyone who took your class. I'm very proud of you for doing something that not many of us are able to do. Teach, be respectful, humble and gracious all at the same time. I can't stress enough what a special friend you are to me and I love you very much. :-)

Megan said...

What a great reflection. I love this kind of post. You did a GREAT job. I know, not because I was there (obviously), but because I know you allowed God to guide your heart and thoughts throughout the entire semester. And I am SURE that the women that you taught learned so much.

So, is it true for you--the teacher learns more than the students?

You are so sweet to give your acceptance speech.:) I wish I had your "Tullahoma Mom" here in Arequipa. :) Love you!

Rachel said...

A boy is so amazing! He's just gifted :) I"m glad you had a great time with you class and I'm sad I didn't get to come to more than one!