Sunday, November 15, 2009

To Melber we go!

This weekend we went home (to Melber). It's the first time we have been to Kentucky since August. Aaron is pretty much a totally different baby now. The weekend was SO full things to do and people to see, but we loved it. One of the highlights...I rode on Saturday with Mark and Jerry. I absoultely love riding. Ever since we had Aaron, riding doesn't happen as often, so when it does I am pretty much in the best mood ever for a long time afterward. It is one of the things that made me fall in love with Mark. Riding with him reminds me of such great times together.

With Uncle Luke at lunch on Sunday


Mark called this his "Mario Brothers" outfit


With Alex, Lauren and cousin Elayna

Again, I have to brag on my child. He will sleep anywhere I put him down. He went right to sleep in his bed at his grandparents (Adams) house and slept really well at night and for naps. He also slept at my parents cabin in a pack-n-play while I planted trees and plants with mom and Raich, at Aunt Sarah's house (in her bed) Sunday afternoon during a ladies get together, and in his car seat the entire 3hr15min to Kentucky and back home to Tullahoma. Do I have the most perfect baby or what?
Mom and Dad's cabin is coming along nicely. Rachel and I helped mom finish planting her trees and bushes outside around the house while Mark and dad worked on the tile in the kitchen. I think it's going to be a stretch for them to get in by Christmas but we are all going to try to help them as much as possible so we can have Christmas dinner there. It is such a beautiful cabin. I'm excited for mom and dad to finally have their own house!
We got home last night late, but happy. It was good to get home to our own house and our own beds. Of course we have pictures (thanks to Grandmamma Adams) of our wonderful weekend!


O'Pa trying to sneek in a drink of diet coke...caught red handed!


my favorite picture of my son right now


Grandmommy taught me in bible class

4 comments:

Megan said...

What a great trip! And I am so glad you got to go riding. I remember you thinking all of that over... how much a baby would change your life. But isn't it wonderful? It is different, but it is a good different.

I didn't know your parents were building a cabin. Post pictures, I want to see. :) Great family weekend. Jealous. :)

Marlee said...

Megan, Rachel just posted some new pictures of the cabin on facebook. If you are friends with her you can see them. If you aren't, let me know and I'll post some.

Joel and Andrea said...

I'm glad you had an awesome weekend!! Yay for a great baby!! Aaron looks so grown up in some of those pictures...

Rachel said...

And again - we have no pictures of Aunt Rachel! How does that happen EVERYtime! Although I do love "the boy" the most ;)