Monday, November 30, 2009

GOOP

Probably one of the best memories of my childhood is when my mother made 'goop'. This is known to the rest of the world as "chocolate no-bake cookies." Mom made these wonderful little cookies most Sunday afternoons. My mom's Goop was so popular to all my friends in grade school that I used it to trade during lunch for things my friends brought that I loved; example...fruit rollups or fruit snacks. It would only take 1 piece of goop of mine for 2 fruit rollups from my friend. There was only one rule that had to be followed when mom made goop: SHE got to lick the pan. This was the one pan that us kids were not allowed to lick. We fought that rule all growing up and still fight it to this day with no success. Goop tastes the best when eaten right after it is put on the wax paper - while still hot, scoop it up with a big spoon, and let it melt in your mouth. I prefer to drink a very large glass of water along with my goop.

So tonite, I made my first attempt at making my family some Goop. I think it was a pretty good success. Mark said they tasted great. So here's a picture of my first 'goop' attempt. And guess who got to lick the pan?

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm jealous that I'm not eating Goop! Too bad mom doesn't check blogs and won't see your Goop.