Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Just when you think...

Just when you think you have your child figured out...they change. All my friends told me this very fact I have just mentioned. However, I didn't realize just what this meant exactly. Honestly, I thought (for some unknown reason) that the things he would change would be things like what toys he wanted, or maybe what foods he liked. I even thought that naps would change as he got older, my line of thinking was: it would probably take a few days to figure out what he needed, then we would be good to go. Boy was I WRONG!
Just when you think you FINALLY have a schedule down of the following:

7am - wake up, eat, play
9am- take a nap - usually 45min-1 hour
12 or 1pm - another nap - usually longer (about 2 1/2 hours)
5pm - another nap if 2nd nap wasn't long enough
7:30 - bedtime

It stops working!

Once we got it down which seriously was just a week or so ago, he has NOW decided to change. Now I am back to having no idea how long his morning nap will be which TOTALLY throws off the rest of the nap schedules for the day. So again, our life is a 'try to guess what I need mommy' life which unfortunately comes with the 'I get to whine until you figure it out and I still might whine then.' So I have decided from now on to just go with the flow. I will try and keep some sort of schedule as much as I can, but will NOT stress about it. It just makes life worse. Because how could you stress out over such a cute little boy as this....




The end.

4 comments:

Joel and Andrea said...

Don't stress. He'll get adjusted to something new and you'll both be ok. Until then, just don't pull your hair out...

Marlee said...

It's already coming out...I don't have to pull it.

Joel and Andrea said...

I'm laughing with you, not at you. You crack me up! :-)

Rachel said...

lol! How can you be stressed out when a boy looks at you? Plus - maybe you can come see and Aunt Rachel to make things better :) :)