Thursday, November 5, 2009

Special day with mommy

Mark went on a small business trip to Mississippi Wednesday morning, so Aaron and I got to spend some extra time together. Since it was Wednesday we went to bible class as usual. This time Aaron had to stay in Bible class even if he started crying (this was definitely going to happen). The wonderful nursery staff said that he screamed for about 20min and they finally decided to try and put him one of the swings where he pretty much immediately stopped crying and went to sleep. Interesting...

So Thursday, Aaron and I spent the day together in Murfreesboro shopping (mostly for Christmas stuff). And of course we couldn't go that close to Aunt Rachel without visiting. We went to her basketball practice, saw her classroom, and then went out to eat (with a stop by Starbucks). We ended the day by going to pick daddy up at the airport. I'm not sure who was happier to see daddy, me or Aaron. I know this seems weird because he's so young, but Aaron seemed so happy to see his daddy. When we got home, Aaron spent a very long time 'talking' to his daddy. I did learn something about myself though. I am NOT good single mommy. I know Mark was only gone for 1 day, but man did I miss him.


Aunt Rachel and Aaron at Starbucks


Aaron has a new development. For some reason, every time we first arrive somewhere, (ex. church) if people try to talk to him (even look at him) or heaven forbid take him from his mommy, he starts crying and screaming. No clue why. I'm chalking it up to 'a stage he's going through'. He even cried with Aunt Rachel. Very sad. Once he got comfortable he was fine and was smiling and giggling like his usual self.

Conclusions: 1. for now, my son seems to not like people (we really hope this changes)
2. we really missed daddy while he was gone and don't want him to leave again anytime soon
3. Aunt Rachel loves her job and coworkers, and her kids love her too.
4. I still have a lot of Christmas shopping to do.

I think that's plenty for now.

2 comments:

Larissa Smith said...

Kind of sounds like he's doing what Shaye did (and still does to some extent). She's very shy around new people...especially tall people.

She finally seems to be growing out of it. Only took 3 years. Hopefully it happens much sooner for Aaron.

-Kyle

Joel and Andrea said...

Poor Aaron is just not a people person right now. I think all babies do this, hopefully it won't last too long. :-) I'll help you with your Christmas shopping... we'll go one day to shop for your gifts, then go other to shop for mine. Ha.Ha.

Thanks for a yummy dinner last night, by the way!!