Thursday, December 3, 2009

6 months

Wow! Where has the time gone. Aaron is 6 months old today! I was looking back through all of the pictures we have taken for the past 6 months (which took a very long time) and saw how much this little guy has changed. Here are two pictures for a comparison.


June 3, 2009



This was taken at Thanskgiving - almost 6 months


So here's an update.

Aaron is starting to sleep through the night pretty well now. This makes me VERY happy. We are on a 3 nap a day schedule now, and that is staying consistant (except when we go out of town, then it's "try and guess when I need sleep mommy" schedule. He goes to bed between 7:30 and 8pm, but would go to bed at 6:30 if I would let him (he got this from my mom and Jerry). He LOVES the song "This little Christian Light of Mine." He especially loves the verse "won't let satan (blow) it out." I blow in his face and he has gotten to where he can recognize that I am going to blow before I actually do...I think this means he's gifted! He sits up all by himself now and only falls over sometimes. His favorite toy is the remote control. If I don't let him have that he has a little toy giraffe or his toy fish that plays music when he pushes the button - almost means he's gifted. He has gotten to where he gets excited when he hears the skype ring on the computer whenever someone calls us, not sure if that's good or not. Mark seems to be his favorite person right now. He just sits and stares at Mark non-stop when he is at home, and whenever Mark looks over at him he smiles bigger than I have ever seen him. We have started rice cereal which he seems to really like. I haven't given him anything else yet, mostly because I keep forgetting to get baby food at Walmart when I go. He does get to taste whatever mommy has on her plate, ice cream and whipped cream are his favorites. He has started sticking his tongue out, it almost seems like he is trying to touch his nose - his tongue is very long. He is also getting very good at reaching for things and actually picking the up. Must more aware of his surroundings now, seems to be aware of people around him. The biggest change is that Aaron is now in a big boy car seat (still turned around backwards). We had to graduate because I could no longer snap him in. The past 6 months have been a whirlwind of emotions; happy, sad, confused, tired, and many more. It has been so awesome. We are totally blessed. God has given us a great healthy, wonderful, beautiful child. I can't wait to see what the next 6 months brings!



3 comments:

Megan said...

Happy half-birthday Aaron! He will look different and change so much EACH month. I honestly could not tell that it would slow down until Ana was over 2.

Lori said...

so sweet diane! love the post. you always have the best things to say!

Rachel said...

He gets excited when he hears skype beacuse he's about to talk to his Aunt Rachel!! Just so you know :) The pictures do kinda look the same. Atleast he is the same baby! :)