Saturday, December 12, 2009

Christmas shopping done!

Christmas shopping is done!!!!! For those of you that know me well, know that this is a HUGE accomplishment for Mark and me. Yesterday Aaron and I left for Gallatin to visit Aunt Rachel. We went to her basketball games last night and spent the night. The night went 'ok.' Aaron actually slept better than I thought he would, but still not great at all. I slept worse than he did. Why? Rachel's animals could not handle someone else in the bed other than them. I finally (about midnight) went to the couch just in time for my son to wake up screaming. It was a tough night, but well worth it. We loved watching Aunt Rachel coach basketball and meet all of her kids and coworkers. It was Aaron's first time to go to a basketball game, so of course we had to take pictures. He did really well, especially since he missed his evening nap. He loved watching all the different things that were happening in the gym, especially the cheerleaders. I'm gonna say he liked them because of all the bouncing around they did.
Friday morning we left Aunt Rachel's (very sad) and headed off to shop for the day. Again, my child is an angel baby and didn't hardly fuss ALL DAY. I stopped at Babies R Us and got a new stroller with some gift cards that I got as late baby presents. I had the bright idea that it would be nothing for me to just buy the stroller and put it together in the parking lot before we went to the mall. Boy was I wrong! I forgot to take into account two things. 1. It is below 30 degrees (felt like 2 degrees) and 2. you actually have to put the stroller together which means it's not just taking it out of the box and flipping it open. So, being the genius I am (with Aunt Barbara and Jenny's help) we got the stroller together and everything went awesome! At the end of the day I had a very sleepy but yet still very happy 6 month old baby and ALL my Christmas shopping done! YEAH! Mark was so happy to see his family when we got home. We really missed him too. Aaron just looked up at me when I put him in his crib tonite for bed and smiled, turn over, put his thumb in his mouth, and squeezed his eyes shut. What a good day.



Shopping wore him out


New stroller...


skyping with daddy Thurs. night before bed -
Mark really missed us

(sorry it's blurry)sitting on the bleachers
at his first basketball game.

2 comments:

Lori said...

that's too sweet diane! now if we can just get eli big enough we can go shopping together!

Rachel said...

He looks so great at his first basketball game. I'm honored that he choose my middle school basketball game!!! (Natalie will be glad to know she made the pictures)